Stress is a feeling when you feel mentally and emotionally disturbed. When the situation is not favourable, your body’s reaction change. Something unappealing to the body is stress.
But pregnant females should avoid living in stress till the time they can.
Top causes of stress during pregnancy
These are the common causes of stress during pregnancy:
- Fear of labour
- Medical test reports
- Fear of the delivery process
- Fear of loss of pregnancy
- Discomfort due to hormonal changes happening in the body
- Financial stress
Stress during pregnancy
Stress can result in headaches, overeating, and trouble sleeping. It can lead to:
- Miscarriage: Prenatal stress increases the chances of miscarriage in pregnant females. Studies have shown that women with emotional stress have a higher probability of miscarriages.
- Preterm birth: Stress has often caused preterm birth when mothers have delivered the baby before 37 weeks. Preterm babies have a high risk of developmental delays and trouble learning.
- Preterm labour: Stress can cause contractions in pregnant females. It can induce preterm labour, which increases the risk of development issues in the baby.
- Preeclampsia: During pregnancy, Stress can cause rise in your blood pressure which is not good for you as well as the baby.
Kids who are born to females who suffer from stress are prone to contract attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).
How to get rid of stress during pregnancy?
You need to stay stress-free during pregnancy. Not just for the child’s growth, the stress-free mother can save her from falling sick in the future. These are the things you can do to keep yourself away from stress when pregnant:
- Talk to someone: Open your heart and share your feelings with someone you trust. It is better to share your thoughts and open up so that you release the negative energy out of the body.
- Don’t overburden. Ask for help: You don’t have to do everything alone. Ask for help and manage things. It will save you from holding pressure and release the burden.
- Join Yoga: Yoga is a form of activity that aligns your physical and mental strength. It keeps your body fit and fills you with energy.
- Meet your gynaecologist: It is wise to meet your gynaecologist to discuss and understand things happening with you during pregnancy. Overcome your fears and battle everything familiar to all pregnant mothers.
- Eat properly: It is essential that when under stress, you should be physically capable of handling things. This is why eating your food properly is very important.
You must keep stress at bay, especially when you are pregnant. If you suffer from excessive stress and don’t know what to do, meet Dr Smiti.
She is a well-experienced gynaecologist who has treated females and has helped them with successful deliveries. You can contact her at https://www.drsmitiwomensclinic.in