Laparoscopic surgeon, Laparoscopic clinic & Treatment in Greater Noida West
Are you experiencing any pain in your lower tummy, feeling a lump in there or having a problem while conceiving a baby? Then, you should go consult a gynecologist and go for laparoscopy.
Now you will be worrying about what is Laparoscopy? It is a technology where we put tiny cuts in your tummy to insert instruments mainly a telescope to see inside your abdomen and diagnose your actual problem. Laparoscopic surgery is mainly used to address a woman’s health problems such as ovarian cysts, fibroids, endometriosis, removal of the uterus in case of menstrual problems or maybe sometimes cancer, in diagnosis and treatment of tubal disease in case of infertility and also the management of ectopic pregnancy and the list goes on.
People usually think that this is risky and costly but if we compare it with open surgery it is much safer and the patient recovery is really fast which recovers the cost. Sometimes the patient can go home the same day and are able to resume their routine activities in a week’s time. It is less painful and gives a cosmetic scar which is barely visible. With all these benefits it is really advisable to choose laparoscopic surgery over open surgery.
What is Gynecological Laparoscopy?
Gynecological Laparoscopy is a simple surgical procedure carried out by surgeons or gynecologists to examine a woman’s reproductive organs without resorting to conventional surgical procedures.
What is the procedure of Laparoscopy?
It is performed using a laparoscope, which is a narrow and slim tube that performs functions similar to that of a telescope. The laparoscope is passed through a small incision created in the abdomen of the patient. It provides a clear close-up view of the outside of the uterus, ovaries, fallopian tubes, and other organs that are situated nearby.
Why laparoscopy is performed?
Laparoscopy is performed due to the following factors:
• Determine the cause of pain in the pelvic and abdominal regions
• Diagnose and Treat conditions such as endometriosis or pelvic inflammatory disease
• Irrefutably detect a blockage in the fallopian tubes
• Determine the causes of infertility
• Inspect a tissue mass
• Removal of uterus and fibroids
What situations can laparoscopy be used to diagnose and treat?
• Diagnosis and treatment of endometriosis
• Removing scar tissues that can develop in the pelvic area because of infections, inflammatory disease, or endometriosis
• Treating a medical condition called ectopic pregnancy in which the fertilized egg develops outside the womb
• For sterilization procedure that involves closing off the fallopian tubes to prevent future pregnancies
• To detect and treat ovarian cysts
• To assist in hysterectomy (womb removal) or oophorectomy (removal of ovaries)
• For detection and treatment of fibroids
• For cancer detection and/or to assess its spread
• For prolapse and urinary incontinence surgeries
What are the Pros and Cons of Laparoscopy Treatment?
• It can help in the detection of the causeof gynecological problems.
• In many instances, the diagnosis and treatment can be carried out at same setting.
• The chance of recovery is better and quicker when compared to conventional surgical procedures. It also can lessen the chances of complications.
• Any lapse in handling the instrument or not using the recommended procedure may result in damage to the organs in the abdomen or infection at a later stage.
• Most patients require general anesthesia during the procedure.
Is Laparoscopy useful these days?
In today’s gynecological practice, laparoscopy is commonly recommended by doctors as it is a minimally invasive procedure, regardless of whether it is used for diagnostic reasons or as a surgical solution. Laparoscopy offers an effective way of exploring medical conditions such as infertility or pain in the abdominal area and also for carrying out major surgeries like removal of the uterus or ovarian cysts through its minimally invasive approach.
The gynecologist can use the tools to explore and get a direct view of the pelvis and peritoneal cavity without putting the patient through the stress and inconvenience of standard surgical methods.
While diagnosing a gynecological condition, such as endometriosis, laparoscopy is the best way of arriving at a conclusion because of the direct view it offers. Laparoscopic procedures are increasingly being used in conditions such as myomectomy, adnexal surgery, tubal ligation, hysterectomy, and also in some cases of gynecological cancer.
How Many types of Surgeries can be performed in Laparoscopy?
• Ovarian cyst Removal
• Tubal ligation, which is surgical contraception
• Prolapse and Urinary Incontinence Surgeries
• Ectopic Pregnancy
Book appointment with Dr. Smiti Jain
Dr. Smiti Jain
Obstetrician & Gynecologist
With more than a decade of experience in both government run and privately managed healthcare facilities, Dr. Smiti Jain is fully qualified in delivering the highest level of quality care in the fields of gynecology and obstetrics .
Dr. Smiti Women’s Clinic
(Mon to Sat)
- Morning 11:00 AM – 12:30 PM
- Evening 05:30 PM – 07:00 PM
Sunday: By Appointment
Just make an appointment to get help from our experts.