Third-month pregnancy: Symptoms, health tips, and diet.
As you approach the third month, you are almost at the end of the first quarter of pregnancy. This is the time when you are more confident about your pregnancy. Here is what you can expect this month.
Development in the mother.
It is okay that you are feeling irritated with vomits and nausea. But you are just in the third month and a little of these will continue. Though for some mothers, the routine settles but for others, it is the same. Here are some symptoms or development in the mother during the third month:
- Nausea and vomiting due to the sudden change in the body.
- Constipation gas burn.
- Increased breast size.
- Dizziness and headaches.
- Mood Swings.
- Increase in appetite.
Other than this, a woman’s body in the third month undergoes a few developments. It may include physical and emotional changes like:
- Tender Breasts: Your body prepares itself for breastfeeding and hence your breasts get tender. The size of your breast will increase and the color of the areola will turn dark.
- Dark Line in the abdomen: You will notice a sudden appearance of a dark line in the abdomen. The increase in the hormones causes the darkening of the line running down from the middle of the abdomen to your pubic bone.
- Visible Stretch Marks: In the third month of the pregnancy, you will observe the skin stretch that will leave deep marks.
- Sleep disturbance: At times, you may find it difficult to sleep in the night due to a change in the level of the hormone.
The size of the uterus in the third month grows up to the size of the grapefruit.
Development in the baby in the third month of pregnancy.
The eyelids are closed to protect the eyes of the child. The larynx, jaws, upper lips, and the baby’s tongue is likely to develop. By now, the baby will learn to take hiccups and start sucking the thumb. The heart is complete with the heartbeat and your baby starts to kick, stretch, and turn. Though you might not be able to feel the movement because the size of the uterus is too small.
The bone marrow also starts the production of the white blood cells to keep the baby healthy. All organs like the kidney and pancreas also grow to perform their function of excreting urine and secreting insulin.
Tips for the third month of pregnancy.
- Do not miss your multivitamins as they will give you the strength to go on.
- You must eat Vitamin B-6 rich foods to combat nausea and vomiting. It includes lean meat, citrus fruit, nuts, seeds, and avocados.
- Folate rich food is good for the development of the brain in a child and hence you must eat it.
- Eat Omega-3 fatty acids rich food for the development of the eyes and brains. You can eat walnuts, chia seeds, flaxseeds, and salmon.
- Include fresh fruits in your diet like avocados, muskmelon, bananas, guavas, sweet limes, and apples in your diet.
- Try to consume healthy vegetables like carrots, tomatoes, sweet potatoes, pumpkin, eggplant, drumstick, etc.\
- Avoid raw eggs, unpasteurized dairy products, seafood, excessive vitamin A, unhealthy junk food, and canned food.
- Exercise regularly to avoid any pains.
- Ask your doctor about Kegel exercises to strengthen your pelvic floor muscles.
- Try Yoga for deep breathing. It helps you to create a balance in the body.
- Get adequate rest and relax.
- Do not lift the weight.
- Speak to others and find out more about your pregnancy.